Sunday 16 October 2011

Which is the 6th Sense? 14/10

The bike shop had two bikes for hire small and smaller, but with the seat jacked up I reckon I could last 3 hours, I was up at 7 and left at 8 as I wanted to be back before the sun got too silly, the bike slipped more gears than I changed, the chain hadn't seen oil...ever and came off twice but otherwise its a great island to bike around, they even have a bike lane.

The road follows the coast, I set off heading South down the East coast, the road has some good climbs, nothing challenging and the down hills are long, the sun stayed behind the clouds so it wasn't too hot, I was topless hoping for that tan top up but with the humidity the sun lotion was running so I looked more like I had been drafting a leaky ice cream truck...it was hot.

It took 3 hours to do the full loop so I was back for 11 to catch sleeping beauty just up from her slumber.

We took one last trip into town for last minute souvenirs, in Thailand because of the language barrier all deals are done on the Hagglator- they type in a price that would end world poverty- you type in a price so low they choke, and so the game continues until you reach a mutual price where you feel bargain and they don't feel too too bad.

Our last night was our dress up dinner ( we only have one dress up outfit each), I booked us into Six Senses ' On the Rocks' restaurant, they do this deconstructed menu which basically means you get what you ordered but it is presented in ways that are different and unexpected, I would download the menu but of course I have an I-crap and it doesn't do that, so go here: http://www.sixsenses.com/SixSensesSamui/Dining-and-Refreshments.php
It was a 10 course menu and ate up half of our weeks spend but it was a fun culinary experience, we waddled out and hit food coma as soon as we got back.

Last day tomorrow, probably the last say of sun too judging by the weather reports for Bangkok and the huddled wrapped up crowds at the Rugby World Cup, I'll dig out the gravy browning and coconut oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment