Tuesday 18 October 2011

Same same, but different 16/10

Its still raining so we shun the Tuk- tuk and took a Meter taxi, which on our last day, we discovered, are much cheaper to get around.

I was told bikes in Bangkok are substantially cheaper because they are made locally, so after discovering a dedicated Specialized shop, we set off in search.
Now this store is the Shiznits ( bike geek alert) It has everything from the S-works SL3 to the Shiv and everything in between and in an array of colors....yey, but no...it was closed...I mean come on, really!
Thankfully being a bloke I had a back up plan so we headed to the Cervelo store. Whoever said the bikes are cheaper, lied, you can see, feel and smell every make and model but they are still cheaper in the States. I found a Tour de Thailand top which as I toured Koh Samui I figured I earned, and dammit it fit and that doesn't happen a lot.
The hunger monster was walking, neigh sprinting towards Ais, so we headed back to Kho San Market for some Pad Thai and Rugby, it rained heavily during lunch and the Kiwis trounced the Aussies in the semis, and we will be in NZ for the final, maybe I can finnagle some tickets.

Ais had booked a Thai cooking course at the hotel so she headed back, I stayed and nosied the markets ( and squeezed in a Thai massage) (Noooo, not that kind, a proper one). ( no, seriously, clear your mind).

I, wisely now, took a meter taxi back hoping that I had a nice Thai dinner waiting for me...and I did so it was a win win, Ais learnt how to make Thai and I ate it!

The only thing yet to do in Bangkok were the shows, you have a choice of venues from Patpong, Nanas and Soi Cowboy. My trusty friend KW, highly recommended Soi Cowboy ( vast in depth experience, no doubt) and the Internet highly recommended two clubs in particular, Long Gun and Baccarra, so off we set in another 'meter taxi' to the bright lights of the seedy city.

The most used ATM in Bangkok is undoubtedly at the far end of Soi Cowboy, Long Gun is second on the right and seemed to be hopping so we joined the crowds.
The idea is you don't pay any cover, but the drinks are 50% more expensive, and it works like this:
1/ The girls dance for three songs and they all have numbers
2/ You like a number you can request that she joins you
3/ You buy her drinks.
4/ If she likes you and you like her and want special times then you pay a fee to the bar and negotiate with the girl
5/ Happy times

I was allowed to get to point 1.... the ladies were dressed as school girls with short skirts, pig tails and white shirts, tied at the ribcage, the ladies upstairs on the glass dance floor had all forgotten their underwear and their tops kept falling off!

So we went upstairs ;)

I returned to the hotel with the same girl I left with, I figured it was the cheaper option, in the short term anyhow.
Flights 14 and 15 tomorrow, 6 time zones and several thousand miles. Let's see how they fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment