Sunday 2 October 2011

T1 02/10

The T for Typhoon warning system starts with 1 for 'Around' followed by 3 for 'Approaching' and then 8 for 'Arrived', or something like that . Today we are at T1, it's overcast and muggy and my sore throat of Tibet is now festering in my lungs.

With this Typhoon in the area our future travel plans are somewhat hampered as it appears to be heading for Laos and Vietnam, we also need to plan the next leg but are enjoying HK too much.

After a late start, an Aislinn hunger meltdown and a huge lunch we planned to visit the Museum of History and catch a movie. We popped into The Peninsula Hotel (next time!) and window shopped Gucci, LV, Cartier who have queues of people wanting in.

I need to check my forehead this evening as written upon it must be "poor bastard with no clothes and a penchant for cheap watches" because if one more street hawker asks me if I want to buy a fake watch or a tailored suit I will surely implode, it's the only annoying thing so far.
The museum took us a good 3 hours and that was at a pace, we learnt everything from the Jin to the Qing and Ming dynasties ( no Flash Gordon ?), the Opium wars, British occupation, Japanese occupation, back to the Brits again and finally the cessation back to China in 1997.
Johnny English at the movies ( 6/10) followed by late sushi and closet.
Tomorrow we are supposed to check out of the hotel and HK, I think we need some planning !!

No comments:

Post a Comment