Wednesday 26 October 2011

Layday 25/10

He Said...

We were actually up at 10 this morning, so that's good then. We believe Ais is cured of all ailments so we set off for an invigorating beach walk/run, only this time when the beach ended...we carried on, another 4 kilometres or so, following the cliff line, boulder and rock pool hopping, passing rivers that just flowed right off the cliff face and trees, horizontal from the cliff, seemingly hanging on for dear life.
Thankfully as we passed through the nudist beach ( think pink fat blokes in cowboy hats) the trees were the only wood we saw, and when I say we, I don't mean me 'cos I wasn't looking.

Our beach jaunt ended at an estuary so we cut in and followed the trail back over the top of the cliffs, I, in my wisdom, decided to run back thinking it would be a nice flat trail....no siree Bob, it was not, but thankfully I had a good 15 minutes of hyperventilating and wheezing like a Chinaman at the Potala ( you gotta read it!) before Ais arrived back, whereupon I sprang up and faked a few toe touches. It's the air I think, it's thicker, south of the Equator.

We walked back to the house not realising that our little escapade had taken nearly 5 hours. Ais had promised a winner, winner chicken curry dinner so we hopped in Clint's Ute, mate ( it's the law) and went a shoppin'.

After I had expertly prepared the chicken, I handed over to Ais to cook. We dined on chicken curry, a veggie curry - prepared using the skills mastered at Orchha. ( you need to follow this to know), cucumber salad and lime pickle. Suffice to say the entire meal was mullered and we sat, fat and content while introducing another couple to the addictive qualities of Angry Birds.

We have a 5.30am alarm call tomorrow as we board 'The Overlander' train which takes us 12 hours through the heart of the North Island to the capital city of Wellington on the Southern tip, where we will overnight before catching the morning ferry across the Cook Straight and into Picton on the South Island, at which point we will board The Coastal Pacific train to.....anyway you get the picture.
More tomorrow, g'nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment