Sunday 9 October 2011

Freaky Felines 07/10

He Said...

We had booked a Tuk Tuk to the Grand Palace, which is the Royal residence and associated buildings.
Now the Thai Tuk-Tuk is the Indian Tut-Tut on steroids, Vegas lights, chrome and an exhaust pipe that would put a WRC car to shame, and they fly, after you spend 10 minutes haggling the price, which is great, until that is, they stop, then you get the full spectrum of noxious gases they pump out, it's like smoking a filterless cigarette every minute they are at rest, they leave no carbon footprint because they wear Carbon Dr Martins!
The Grand Palace demands a strict dress code, which we thought we had covered with our sarongs, but no, graciously though they loan out clothes, serendipitously the lady at the male cloak room obviously read my blog of 9th September as I had decided to wear my 'safari' shirt again and she ( I swear with a smirk) presented me with a pair of brown pyjamas....the return of the Giant Turd!
Ais had a lime green shirt to match her day-glo MC Hammer pants, we were cool.

The Palace is beautifully maintained, again incredibly intricate in design and has many cupulas, spires and temples, I was dared again not to take photos inside (see below), my underwear, plus shorts, plus pyjamas were taking the full brunt of the killer humidity.
After the Palace the monstrosity needed feeding so we headed to MBK, apparently Thailand's largest mall.It was much the same as the markets we had visited accept under A/C. We ate, were done walking so early afternoon headed back to the hotel for a siesta as tonite we were hitting the town.
Now I've never been much of a feline fan, always considered myself more of a dog man, but when you learn of the talents they have out here you can't help but be amazed, I mean, I've seen "The planets funniest animals" but a cat that actively plays sports has to be a must see...so tonite we see a Pussy Ping Ping show!

No comments:

Post a Comment