Friday 9 September 2011

Nepalese  Burglars 8/09

"Power cuts R us" is the motto of Nepalec, which is the name I just made up for the national Electrical company, they are off more than they are on, which makes for interesting night time showering, toileting, pretty much anything.

Our accommodations are modest, you can't put paper in the toilet, which is a new one for me and we have the largest key and padlock for the door but all the windows are mesh, so I can only deduce that Nepalese burglars are either thick or mesh just confounds them  - same for the tigers, they see the locked door, peer through the windows thinking "lunch", then notice the mesh and are like "Damn, I could eat those people, if it wasn't for that pesky  mesh!!"

So we Safaried first thing, on top of Indian elephants, off into the jungle we went. Whilst we were all aware of the dangers of Rhinos, Tigers and King Cobras our guide put the fear of God into us about leeches- long sleeves, long pants and long socks we were instructed. I wasn't prepared for this wardrobe request and both my pants and shirt were chocolate brown so I looked like a large turd, but no leeches on me.

We opted out of the optional afternoon activities and chillaxed instead, after a brief snooze we bonded with our local elephant, feeding and watering her. They look at you, in the eye, you would almost think they understand to a degree, but they are noble and graceful creatures, it irks me to see them chained up and when you do look at them, in the eye, you can tell it irks them too.

I chose a traditional Nepalese dinner with a traditional Nepalese Fanta, it consisted of curried vegetables, rice, chicken curry, lentil soup and a tomato, spinach sort of soup- it is best eaten with the fingers, which I thoroughly enjoyed, except the soup took ages.
Dessert was a banana flambe which strangely enough is also a local treat.
Nepalec also own Nepalnet, I would imagine, so aplogies if this is a day (or two) late.
More bus tomorrow and some Buddha.
Mahala.

No comments:

Post a Comment