Thursday 8 September 2011

My name is Pretty...

After waking up to a lovely view of the mountain range inclusive of 'fishtail' (the smallest of the Annapurna range peaks), we had a slow to come breakfast and then  a quick checkout and on to our tour bus. Thankfully it was a little less than the time anticipated and we had 2 bathroom stops. One in a maintained squat washroom and the other in the "jungle" Yay! 
Happy dance time! 

We arrived to  sapana safari lodge resort lodge cabana hut. Let's just say it is exceptionally basic. No aircon, so Ric is already half the weight he was. Lucky duck! 
Enroute, I had to stop by the pharmacy to grab allergy pills. Quite the feat to explain my symptoms to a gentleman who knows no English at all. My minimal experience in acting came into play. We shall see tomorrow if the pills work. If not then I have the the cold and hope it will pass in 2  to 3 days.

We have a view out of our window of 2 elephants, both tied up though. No bueno, yet we are taking a ride on them through the jungle tomorrow.
After a light bite, we took a walk through the village. A small country village of men and women who squat and watch their cattle all day. A wee bit bizarre but apparently it is essential to keep them from being eaten by crocodiles and to prevent them from eating banana leaves and rice crops. So what do you want to be when you grow up??

Plenty of the children would run up to me and walk after me saying hi. I eventually figured out they would follow me until I took a photo of them. Once I showed them, they squealed with delight, so I continued to do so throughout the rest of the walk. One little girl wanted to know my name. She was practising her English. I told her it was "aislinn". I asked hers, and she answered: "my name is pretty". So I took her picture to show
her how pretty she is...
At the end of the walk we got picked up by a jeep and I stood up in the back with the other girls why the boys chivalrously rode in the cab. 

As we have no Internet I am writing this with intermittent light as the power goes off and on. I ordered chicken curry, which turned out to be chicken bones in curry. Tasty but I really wanted some meat. Our guide Abe just told me that is how curry is served, "with bone". Fabulous.
After a staff member  trekked into town they have just placed a large glass of local raksi in front of me. So until tomorrow...
Ais 

No comments:

Post a Comment