Sunday 4 September 2011

Day 2 Nepal, Day 1 of GAP tour

We set the alarm to get up bright and early but for some reason even with the ac on last night it was quite hot, so it was not until 4 am that we actually stopped tossing and turning so we woke up a weee bit later... it may have had something to do with the time zone difference of 4.30 hours from England and then the 15 minutes difference from India to Nepal.

Finally up and fed, we had a tough day at Serenity day spa. I intended to do yoga but when I found out my treatment would be 2 hours for a deep tissue massage and reflexology, I had to pass as we had our tour group meeting at 2. So 2 hours of the most amazing massage. And I have had some massages. If we didnt have to leave tomorrow, I would go back all day tomorrow and do their yoga, meditation and more massages but alas one really should not over indulge...

We met our tour group. A great group of 10 including ourselves and our group leader, Abe. An exceptional young man. So the group is 3 men and 7 chicks. I believe Ric is enjoying this aspect, as am I. bathroom breaks and food stops aplenty!!!!!

We toured through Kathmandu in the rain. A very different experience today compared to yesterday. Quite enriched as we had our guide who filled us in on the information of the various streets and temples we had ventured through yesterday. We ended up at the vegetable market where there was the delightful pong of dried fish. That being said, the assortment of vegetables laid out and the array of colours was more than pleasing to the eye. I only ended up buying roast corn off of a vendor as the flies seemed to be the first to enjoy any other cooked food on offer. Apparently we will eat only Nepalese food over the next few days, so I will have more to add on the food front and the dynamics of our group tour as well as photos of which there are plenty.

Oh I finally wore my MC Hammer pants tonight at dinner at Rum Doodles. The ladies really liked it and hope to buy some over the next few days. I love them!

Ais

No comments:

Post a Comment